+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got my rack built, rod holders and fish finder installed Mariner 12.5

Got my rack built, rod holders and fish finder installed Mariner 12.5

Got my rack built, rod holders, and fish finder installed on the Mariner. I fabricated a bracket for the front rod holder that mounts to one of the "Plug n' play" plates. The fishfinder assembly is easy to remove or install with the excess transducer wire tie wraped and stored in the left pocket and the battery in a dry bag sercured to the bow carry handle. The wall rack is high enough for me to park my 2nd car in that garage stall or room for a second kayak below on saw horses.

Last edited by Chris Pearce; 09-20-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Looking good Chris. Do you use your hullavator with your Mariner?, work well?.
    -Philip
    www.kayakfishingnc.com
    Get:Outdoors - Staff • Native Watercraft Endorsed Guide

Quote Originally Posted by yak4fish View Post
    Looking good Chris. Do you use your hullavator with your Mariner?, work well?.
    -Philip
    Yes, I do use the Hullavator with my Mariner and it works well. I have a lifted FJ Cruiser and there is no way I could car top load and unload it by myself without the HV. The Mariner barely fits the front cradle, but does and will not fall out while the HV is at the side of the FJ and I'm strapping it down. I'd say it gives about 40-50lbs assist and helps raise and lower the yak in a controlled manner. You have to lift a little intially, then the HV's struts do the rest. I still would like to modify a jet ski trailer, so I can launch the Mariner like a boat, straight from the trailer into water. However, the HV is awesome and I will keep it for places I can't get a trailer in or for a 2nd kayak.

Blog Entries
    Nice FJ, thanks for the reply.

Philip
    www.kayakfishingnc.com
    Get:Outdoors - Staff • Native Watercraft Endorsed Guide

Niiiice setup.
    Native Watercraft endorsed guide, St Croix Rods Pro Staff, Daiwa Pro Staff, 12 Fathom lures Pro Staff, Smith Optics, Tuf-Line braided lines, Sixwave Jigheads and "TheEdje/Silly Willy"
    Strike Three Kayak Fishing

That is a sexy bit of kit .....

well done

craig
    Last edited by craigtempo; 10-31-2011 at 03:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread