X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean FishFinder/Transducer and Stake Out Pole Slayer Propel Install

Started getting my new Slayer Propel rigged for the upcoming season. Purchased a Lowrance Elite-4 and Scupper Mount Transducer. Like a clean deck with minimal wires and hang-ups so this is what I came up with.

Name:  cd4a56a8c34621554aa2acdb1b5e28dd.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  95.2 KB

Also thought I would send a picture of where I have my Stake Out Pole mounted. Fits nice, out of the way but easy to get to.

Name:  4864a3475702e158da8496dad804fcee.jpg
Size:  94.7 KB

Added a couple recessed Scotty mounts too.........

Attachment

Trying to figure out my paddle location and I will be about done!
    2014 Slayer Propel - Hidden Oak
    "Many Men Go Fishing All Their Lives Without Knowing That It Is Not Fish They Are After"-Henry David Thoreau

Hi there, Nice shots. The attachment that you used to hold the transducer in place (can see it in the last shot) is it the Lowrance scupper mount? Did it work well, or did you have to modify it?
    And could you please post a shot of the underside showing the Transducer in place.
    Nice neat fit-out too, well done.

Peter
    Tight Lines and screaming reels!
    Slayer propel Copper head.

Comment

Nice clean setup I love the Slayer Propels I am saving my money for one hopefully I will have one by mid 2014
      2013 Nativer Mariner 10 Angler (Olive)
      Rectangular Outfitting Plate w/Lowrance Elite 4 Fish Finder/Sounder GPS
      Anchor Trolley System w/3lb Grapnel Anchor
      Laketroller Downrigger (RH Side Behind seat Deck Mount)
      YakAttack BlackPak w/ 6 Rod Holders
      2 X Scotty Flush Mount Rod Holders (Behind Seat)
      2 X Scotty Deck Mount Rod Holders (PnP-Beside Seat)
      2 X Scotty Deck Mount Rod Holders (Bow Deck-Front of Propel unit)

Comment

I too would like to see an underside view....The new Mark 4 HDI has a new type of transducer and I am wondering if it is the same as yours and if it fits.

Phil
        Ptak Attack Fishing Team
        Native Watercraft Pro Staff

Comment

Here's my dsi transducer in the front scupper

Comment

Nice man. Are those special clips for the stakeout pole?

Comment

Thanks, will get a picture from underneath for you. Yes I had to slightly modify the Lowrance scupper mount based on the transducer that came with the Elite-4. As far as the clips go, I got them from Get:Outdoors, matched my stake out pole size to the correct clip size. The fit was dead on, pole snaps in and out cleanly, no rattle on anything.
              "Many Men Go Fishing All Their Lives Without Knowing That It Is Not Fish They Are After"-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by cru3rd View Post
                Here's my dsi transducer in the front scupper
                Well I'm not quite sure what'a going on here, but the above pic shows the transducer (DSI) fitting nicely up into the scupper area.
                First my transducer is WAY different to that. Mine is 4.5" long tip to end and 2.25" wide.
                Mine is the latest Elite 7 HDI.
                For some reason I had this illusion that there would not be much difference.
                I have not fitted it yet, but if I am going to fit it thru there....

Comment

Does your transducer look like this.

Comment

Yes, sure does.
                    Is that the Lowrance scupper kit sitting there?
                    Modified at all?

Comment

Finally got some pictures of my transducer mounted using the Lowrance scupper kit.
                      Name:  d5183ba578a33917063f22c7dee1bcf3.jpg
Size:  96.1 KBName:  32b187d5a26d8f4597af07a33965d835.jpg
Size:  97.7 KB

Comment

Could you please take some pictures and give the dimensions of that PVC kayak cradle you made? I want to make one, but I am not sure how big the "squares" need to be to accomodate the width of the Slayer and keep it at a comfortable height off of the ground....

Thanks,

Phil
                        Ptak Attack Fishing Team
                        Native Watercraft Pro Staff

Comment

Thankyou for the pics.
                          Could somebody please explain to me how they secure the transducer into the front scupper of the Slayer propel.
                          After some of the reply's i received on here, I went out and bought the Lowrance scupper kit.
                          Mind you the info on the box did not say it was for the HDI sounders.
                          As I found out the wire may be thicker than the other versions of sounder, because it doesn't fit into the little space where the wire comes through the cap. Thats the first thing.
                          Removing the top bracket that is used when mounted on the back of a power boat and then applied the bracket that came with the kit and slides up the top surface of the transducer. The bracket doesn't slide all the way up the transducer, which makes it impossible to bracket lined up with the centre of the scupper hole.
                          And the Lowrance spider like bracket and foam ring are WAY too small for the size of the opening at the bottom of the scupper hole.
                          All your thoughts most welcome.
                          Thanks
                          Peter

Comment

Just purchased the Slayer Propel 13 Hidden Oak. You've gotten yours rigged out clean and nice. When you find a good paddle location and how to attach I please let us(me) know. thanks

Comment

Traveling for work, but when I get back home I will get you the dimensions.

Comment

Working...
                              X